Semen Analysis Test in Indore
Reference Values of Semen Analysis According to the World Health Organization
|Total sperm number||≥39 million/ejaculate|
|Sperm concentration||≥15 million/mL|
- Semen samples should ideally be collected by masturbation after 2-5 days of abstinence.
- You will be provided a sterile container available at AIIM nursing station
- Urinate before giving the semen sample.
- Remove your watch, ring & fold sleeves up to the elbow, wash & dry hands, do not use handkerchief or towel to wipe off.
- Do not use oil, saliva or lubricant.
- Usually, sperm collection should be done at the centre but in case of any inconvenience, sperms can be collected at home in the container provided by our state-of-the-art IVF lab, but the sample has to be given for analysis within half an hour in the lab.
- In case if you are not able to give the sample, you may be accompanied by your wife in the collection room.
- Still, if it does not become possible do not panic but report to the staff.
- Be careful of hygiene, don’t open/close the container with wet hands
- After collection, meet with the lab in charge before leaving the center.
Why choose AIIM for semen analysis?
At AIIM, semen analysis is performed meticulously along with sperm morphology analyzed by Kruger’s criteria. Test along with its interpretation should be done with caution because the essential information can guide the clinician for further management to improve fertility status & aid conception. At aiim, a clean collection room is provided to each couple with advanced facilities.