What is Blastocyst?
- Part of IVF Process when fertilized egg (Embryo) reaches five days of development is called blastocyst
- The extended culture time allows the selected embryo to give good pregnancy rate
Who qualifies for Blastocyst culture?
• Women at least with few good quality embryos on day 3 after egg collection will have chance of blastocyst transfer
• Couples who have undergone repeated failed IVF are also candidates for the blastocyst transfer
• For young women having good prognosis. However, it is suitable for women of all age groups.
• Specially women over 40 years can also benefit and pregnancy rates are high if their embryos are suitable for this procedure.